A delicious dessert to serve during Spring and Summer. Strawberry Lemon Angel Food Trifle is a simple and refreshing dessert sure to bring smiles to those you love! I know it does in our home and at potlucks, BBQS, and tea parties.
In addition to being a crowd pleaser, strawberries are packed with health benefits.
Strawberries give you a lot of nutritional value for very few calories. Packed with antioxidants, which protect cells from damage, have fiber, several other important vitamins and minerals, including manganese, potassium and folic acid.
You will need a trifle dish for this recipe.
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 angel food cake, cubed
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- lemon zest, optional garnish
1. First, cube your cake. Cut it into one inch squares.
2. Next, prepare the strawberries. Rinse them off and hull them (remove the green cap). Slice them thinly, about 1/8 inch thick, from top to bottom.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered pudding mix, milk, and condensed milk until smooth.
4. In another large bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Remove one heaping cup of whipped cream and set aside to be used as garnish at the end.
5. Gently fold in the whipped cream and grated orange zest into the pudding mix.
6. Time to create the layers. Start with half the angel food cake, then a third of the strawberries, then half the whipped cream/pudding mixture.
7. Repeat all three layers, decorate the top with whipped cream, remaining strawberries and lemon zest.
8. Cover pudding and let it rest in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.