Kale, Avocado & Mango Salad
Makes 1 serving
- 2 1⁄2 cups kale leaves
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup of diced mango
- 1/3 cup of sunflower sprouts
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 quart-size Mason jar
- Cut the avocado in half and discard the pit. Using a spoon, remove the avocado flesh from the outer skin; cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes and set aside.
- Remove the center ribs from the kale leaves and cut them into 11⁄2- to 2-inch pieces.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar. Begin with your dressing and layer with the onion and the kale. Next add the diced avocado, blueberries. Finally top with sunflower sprouts. Seal and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking, until the dressing thickens.