This delicious gluten-free bread recipe is ready in about an hour and an ideal offering for potlucks. Plus, a fun recipe kids enjoy helping make and eat.
Another fabulous tidbit, this recipe makes the whole home smell of Fall!
Recipe yields one loaf
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup buttermilk or almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix
- Optional Add-ons: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, raisins,
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and whisk until blended.
3. Add the pumpkin purée, milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda, vanilla and salt, and whisk to blend. Lastly, stir in the flour, just until combined. Gently fold mix-ins.
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (55 minutes; or 60 minutes with mix-ins).
6. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer the bread to a cooling rack to cool before slicing.