Let's face it-with the extreme temperatures this summer no one wants to turn their oven on.
Yet everyone could use a simple sweet treat to help keep cool.
This healthy no bake recipe is a stress free dessert sure to delight. Basically, throw everything in your food processor and process it until it’s a smooth, dough-like consistency.
The whole family gets excited about this dessert and my kids love to help make it.
Strawberry Cheesecake Balls
Makes about 12 balls
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup hulled strawberries
- 2 cups ground almonds
- freeze-dried strawberries, crushed, for coating (optional)
- The cashews are going to work as our vegan cream cheese, so you’ll need to soak them beforehand. Don’t worry if you don’t have time to soak them for hours, you can do a quick soak in hot water for 15 minutes instead.
- Process the dates, cashews, and strawberries in a food processor until they form a thick paste.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in the ground almonds until well mixed. Give batter about 15 minutes to rest before rolling.
- Roll the mixture into about 12 balls and place in the fridge for an hour to firm up. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Roll in crushed freeze-dried strawberries before serving, if desired. (Be sure and place balls on parchment paper to avoid sticking to plate.)
Hope you enjoy!
Let me know in the comments below.